Tuesday, September 04, 2012

A visit from the Sutherlands!

"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine." Thomas Jefferson
We were so pumped the busy Sutherland family came and stayed at camp.  It was a way to quick visit but we will take them whenever we can get them.  It was so fun to have them really get to see our world in Purdy.  I know they had a lot going on and it is a tremendous amount of work to pack up four people and commute out to where we are.  It really meant the world to me especially that they were there.  We packed as much as we could in and slept and laughed hard when they were there! 
"Be slow to fall into friendship: but when thou art in, continue firm and constant."  Socrates
I have known Melissa since they first moved here and was pregnant with Mollie Jane.  Yet, it took me doing BSF with her on a weekly basis to let me know that my life is much "richer" with she and her family in it.  I am incredibly grateful for her steadfast spirit, her tremendous graciousness, her amazing ability to listen when I need it (which is pretty frequent) and she challenges me to be a better mother, wife and friend.  As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another.  Proverbs 27:17

No comments: