Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Smith Allen Brawner is Officially Here!





Smith Allen Brawner is officially here. He arrived at 12:11pm June 10. He weighed in at a whooping 9 lbs, 11 oz. He is our big boy with a full head of blond hair. I got induced after being 10 days late. It was a lovely delivery compared to Jackson and Mollie Jane in that I got a fully functioning epidural. My doctor whom I love was able to do the delivery. Smith sure took his time getting here but once he decided to come he was sure in a rush to come into the world. I was dilated to a 7 and the nurse turned me on my side and within about literally 5 minutes his head was crowning and before we knew it the nurse was holding his head in waiting for my doctor to make it. It was close but my doctor came in completely out of breath running from her office and within about 3 minutes of her arrival Smith Allen Brawner made his entrance into the world. He is officially in a size 1 diaper. The newborn diapers show his “coin slot” and he has pooped out of them twice in the nursery. We had to stretch out his Hospital T-shirt as it also does not fit and looks more like a football undershirt. His brother and sister came up to meet him tonight and were thrilled. Mollie Jane got a “Dora” car from Baby Smith and Jackson got a “Snoopy Snow Cone Machine” from Baby Smith. They gave Smith some “woobies.” We had a couple of visitors and had a little pizza party up in the hospital for dinner with everyone to celebrate his arrival. We sure appreciate everyone’s prayers and are thrilled for you to hear all about our big man and hope you get to meet him soon. As Jackson said tonight “He is such a special person in our family now.” Thank you God for blessing us with Baby Smith for he is truly “fearfully and wonderfully made” by a creator who has such amazing plans for this big man. I can’t wait to see what God has in store for him.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Yay!! Pics!! He is gorgeous - and Al, you look amazing. I can't believe you are actually posting this yourself. Wonder woman!! Can't wait to meet him and hold the big guy - we love you guys!

Christy said...

LOVE IT! Baby Smith is in the 9 1/2 pounder club just like Mr. Will. I can't wait to meet him. I had tears looking at your pics. See you all Labor Day! Christy

Natasha said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! He is so handsome and you look fabulous - I wish I'd looked half as amazing.

Supermom's To Do List:
1. Have baby
2. Look great doing it
3. Post photos and info same day

Totally impressed. I am so happy for you all and can't wait to hold him and love on him. Give my best to BIG brother Jackson and BIG sister Mollie Jane, as well as Proud Papa Jason.

Kari said...

AWWWWW HE IS SIMPLY STUNNING:)) I just found your blog (I had noooo idea we could be bloggy friends, too:) We are so happy for the Brawner family. When I saw you at McDonalds weeks ago... you were ready to go:) Thanking the Lord today for your miracle!! Congrats!!
love you!!!
xoxo

Jamie Jo said...

Yipee! Congrats! I am SO HAPPY for you and the rest of your family, Al!!! He is beautiful!