Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Fall




The big fall took place this spring in March out at Barnabas. Jason accidentally stepped on some boards and poor guy as our luck would have it- Broken. Jason was in lots of pain and had to be put on some pain meds which also didn't sit well with him. I thought for a while he was going to have permanent narcolepsy. But he eventually stopped sleeping so much and got to stop the meds. This will definitely go down as the Spring of surgeries. I had two surgeries on my veins, Smith on his big balls, and Jason on his foot. All the while keeping up with our daily activities, spring sports, hectic work schedules and the end of the school year. It was nuts. It is so challenging when you have to deal with illness and or sickness because life doesn't slow down for those things. But we survived and once again I am so grateful to dear friends and family who went above and beyond during this crazy spring to help us out. Jackson was very concerned about all the surgeries initially but by the fifth one in about six weeks his anal, over-worried personality seemed to realized that sometimes surgeries happen in life and everything is okay. Everything did turn out okay and what a blessing that Spring is behind us and we are all looking and feeling much better. My verse this spring that literally lept out of my bible one late crazy night was "The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2
Thank you Lord that the spring of surgeries is behind us.
I love the cap! Poor guy. He did so great!

After surgery and Daddy held him during nap time.

Smith was ready to be done.

No comments: